We all want to save more money and nobody likes to pay bills. But water is a necessity that we just cannot live with out, so water bills are simply a part of life. While you can try to just decrease your water use to lower your water bill, you can also employ some clever plumbing tips that will save you water —and money.
- Have leaky toilets addressed by a plumber. You can lose a gallon of water a day through a leak in your toilet. To see if you have a leaky toilet, place a dye tablet in the toilet’s tank. If you find dye in the toilet bowl after half of an hour, you have a leak. A plumber can make your toilet leak-free, and save you that gallon of water.
- Repair your faucet leaks. Not only is the constant drip , drip of a faucet leak incredibly annoying, but leaking faucets waste thousands of gallons of water every year. Have your plumber inspect and repair your faucets.
- Replace your current toilets with low-flow toilets. This uses less water while flushing, saving you money on your water bill. You can also replace your shower heads with low-flow options , which can save you about $150 a year total on both your heating and water bills.
- Insulate your water pipes. Spending a long time waiting for your water to heat up? Speak with plumbing professionals about insulating your water pipes. When you keep your pipes insulated, hot water takes less – or no time at all – to appear. Don’t waste any water waiting for water to get warm enough!
Want to learn more about how you can save on your water bill? Come speak with the plumbing professionals at Albert Nahman Plumbing and Heating . You could be saving hundreds on water with a few clever touch-ups to your current plumbing system. Learn more about what we can do for you today. Call Albert Nahman Plumbing & Heating today – (510) 843-6904.
While a trenchless sewer line may not be the first idea that pops into your head, it will in fact save you time and money!
Due to new laws in California, there are requirements you may need to meet when remodeling or selling your house, and a trenchless sewer line can be a simple and cost effective solution.
Let’s that a look at the benefits of a trenchless sewer line.
No Manual Excavation – This means you won’t have to lose your front yard in order to get a sewer line. When plumbers use modern technology, they can actually identify the point at which a sewer line is broken. This allows them to access the damaged area with two small access points, and then slide the new sewer line right in.
Less Labor – This is where you save in time and money. Since you will successfully avoid the slow, laborious process of manual excavation, you’ll also avoid the labor costs associated with the time consuming process.
Relining or Pipe Bursting – Relining and pipe bursting are the two methods by which a trenchless sewer line is put in. Relining involves the installation of a fiberglass lining within the old pipes. This makes them durable and ready to go. Pipe bursting is when the plumber bursts the old pipe as the new pipe is pulled through the existing channel.
Prevention – Taking care of your sewage problems now can save you a lot of hassle in the future. Remember, what could be a minor problem has a way of becoming a major problem when it comes to sewage.
At Albert Nahman Plumbing and Heating, we have been plumbing Northern California for over 25 years. By offering 100% customer satisfaction, highly-trained technicians, and warranty reinforced labor, we’ve achieved an extensive list of satisfied customers. If you would like a timely and skilled assessment of your plumbing needs, give us a call at (510) 843-6904. You’ll always have a price before any work is done.
It can be easy to put something down the drain and never think about it again. After all, out of sight out of mind, right?
Well, unfortunately, that isn’t the case when it comes to plumbing and sewer problems .
Have a look at this short video about the sewer problems in Winston-Salem. As you can see in the video, the items that go down the drain don’t magically disappear and the same rules apply for a private residence.
At Albert Nahman Plumbing and Heating, we understand the importance of sewer maintenance. Through proper care you can prevent damage to your residence, plumbing, and pocket book.
If you’re in need of drain cleaning, sewer inspection, or other plumbing needs, give us a call at 510-843-6904 or visit our website. Because with Albert Nahman Plumbing and Heating, your customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
Homeowners know that plumbing can be an expensive and time-consuming problem if things get out of hand. That’s why it’s a good idea to take preventative measures to extend the life of your plumbing and to avoid unnecessary damage .
Here are some preventative tips that don’t require an expert plumber.
Prevent Drain Clogs
- Regular rinsing of the drains with hot water can help remove hair and debris that gradually collect. Try to do this once a week. Also, be sure to plunge any backed up drain as soon as possible to avoid further drain cleaning.
- Likewise, plunge backed up drains as soon as possible. By plunging small clogs, you’ll avoid any major clog problems .
- Use a hair stopper or drain protector. This is especially useful over a shower drain and will keep hair where it belongs (out of your plumbing).
- If you’re going on a long trip and won’t be using the water for an extended period of time, shut it off. This way you will avoid the possibility of water damage that can result from a leak. Better yet, have a professional check for leaks. This way you’ll avoid that damage no matter what.
- Don’t turn your heat off. Keep your heat on low when you go on vacation, so that your water stays at a moving level and won’t freeze. Also, be sure to disconnect outdoor water hoses when it gets cold. These simple actions will save your plumbing in the long run.
At Albert Nahman Plumbing and Heating, we’ve been serving Northern California for over 25 years and know the importance of maintaining healthy plumbing. If you would like a timely and skilled assessment of your plumbing needs, give us a call at 510-843-6904 or visit our website. We guarantee customer satisfaction, and we’ll make sure you have a price before the work is done.
Here are some Successful completion pictures of Radiant Boiler Installation with happy customer.
Thanks for letting us share with you!
Considering going tankless??
Here are 5 benefits of having a Tankless Water Heater :
- Energy Efficient – Up to twenty percent of a home’s energy use comes from heating water for things you do every day, like bathing, laundry, and washing dishes. A standard water heater consumes energy round the clock to keep the water in its tank hot, but a tankless water heater only heats water when you need it. This reduces your carbon foot print by reducing the energy demand from natural gas or coal-burning power plants. And because most tankless water heaters only electricity, they can easily run on electricity from renewable sources like wind or solar power.
- Money Saving – Tankless water heaters save a typical family anywhere from 11% to 69% off their hot water heating bill, because they are not continuously running like a conventional storage model. And if you live in Southern California, you may qualify for a rebate of up to $200 when you replace a conventional tank-type water heater with an energy-efficient tankless heater.
- Continuous Hot Water – You’ll never get a blast of cold water in the middle of a shower with a tankless water heater. Often called, “on-demand water heating,” tankless heaters only heat water as you need it. Once the faucet is open, water flows into the heater where a sensor turns on the heating mechanism. Water flows through the heating coils as it reaches the desired temperature.
- Space Saving – Tankless water heaters are small, and your plumber can mount it to your wall, unlike bulky conventional water heaters. You gain a closet’s worth of space in your basement or utility room. And with outdoor tankless water heaters installed by your plumber, you do not have to worry about ventilation or any effect on the interior of your home.
- Low Maintenance – With a life expectancy of 20 years, tankless water heaters long outlast standard water heaters. And since there is not tank, leaks and water damage become a thing of the past.
Considering going tankless? For the East Bay area, try Albert Nahman Plumbing & Heating where you’ll receive a 5 year warranty with new instantiations and a free one-year check-up. We offer one-day installation so you won’t have to go a day without hot water. We also specialize in sewer inspections and drain cleaning. Call today for a free estimate – (510) 843-6904.
- Duct Cleaning
- Clogged Drain
- air filtration
- boiler repair
- garbage disposal
- air filter
- Water Heater
- air conditioner
- plumbing emergency
- indoor air quality
- leak detection
- plumbing repair
- plumbing pipe
- burst pipe
- radiant heating
- plumbing leaks
- tankless water heater
- plumbing leak
- gas log fireplace
- ac maintenance
- drain repair
- plumbing services
- leaky faucet
- air duct cleaning
- germicidal uv lamps
- gas line leak
- water leak
- sewer line
- video inspection
- furnace energy efficiency
- home repairs
- air ducts
- wireless thermostat
- commercial plumbing
- emergency service
- steam boiler
- HVAC filters
- Indoor Air Pollutants
- clogged toilet
- trenchless sewers
- hard water
- plumbing repiping
- heating maintenance
- condensing furnaces
- HERS Index
- furnace filters