If you’re not sure whether your old home’s plumbing is reliable enough to leave unattended, taking the appropriate measures to avoid flooding is essential. There are many available products that can help you minimize the damage caused by flooding and burst pipes even when you aren’t home, but none is more effective than the WaterCop.
The WaterCop is a high-tech device that senses the presence of water throughout your home. Strategic placement of the device around your home’s plumbing will allow the system to detect a water leak or pipe burst, and then shut off your home’s water supply right away. Watch this informative news clip for more information.
To learn about the WaterCop and how it can help you avoid flooding, contact Albert Nahman Plumbing & Heating at (510) 843-6904. We’re the Bay Area’s premier plumbing, drain, and sewer service!
Although spring is the time of the year when homeowners pay the most attention to their homes, one very important residential feature often gets overlooked: the plumbing. Having your plumbing inspected and maintained by a professional is absolutely essential, so be sure to add a professional plumbing checkup from Albert Nahman Plumbing & Heating to your spring cleaning list.
Winter is hard on your plumbing:
Seasonal changes can be rough on your home, particularly during the transition from winter to spring when temperatures fluctuate the most, causing pipes to expand and contract. It is during this period when your home’s plumbing is at greatest risk of damage that the need for repair may become apparent. Having your plumbing system inspected in the early spring ensures that your sinks, showers, and water heater will make it through the rest of the year without any major mishaps.
Leaks may go unidentified:
One of the most common signs that indicate your plumbing needs professional attention is the development of leaks. Leaks are fairly common during the winter when chilly temperatures cause frozen plumbing to burst. While some plumbing bursts are very dramatic and can send gallons of water gushing into your home, others are very slow and won’t be visible until the spring. This means you may not discover plumbing that burst in the winter until much later in the year.
A truly clean home needs clean plumbing:
In addition preventing burst or leaky plumbing, spring plumbing maintenance complements your other home maintenance plans. For example, seasonal lawn care, HVAC inspections, landscaping, and other home improvement services are typically done during the springtime when the weather is nice and working conditions are more comfortable. Taking advantage of this momentum by scheduling plumbing and drain inspection will help your home function at its peak and look its best.
To schedule your spring plumbing maintenance , contact Albert Nahman Plumbing & Heating at (510) 843-6904. We serve Berkeley, Alameda, and Contra Costa counties with professional plumbing and heating services all year long.
Albert Nahman Plumbing and Heating has been delivering exceptional plumbing services for thirty years in the San Francisco East Bay. We pride ourselves on solving your plumbing and heating problems in a timely, pleasant and cost effective way. We have earned the exclusive Diamond Certified rating for ten consecutive years and continually strive to meet or exceed your expectations.
We also won the 2011 Angie’s List Super Service Award! We are a winner for plumbing, water heaters and drain cleaning.
If you’d like to learn more about safe drain clearing, tankless water heaters, and plumbing maintenance, click on the links below. For professional plumbing services in the Berkeley area, call Albert Nahman Plumbing & Heating at (510) 843-6904.
- EnergyStar.gov offers a look at some of the benefits of tankless water heaters.
- For tips on clearing drain clogs on your own, follow these tips from How Stuff Works .
- Check out this helpful home remedy for clogged drains .
- Are you considering going tankless? Visit this page from the U.S. Department of Energy for information on why tankless water heaters are the smart choice for your home.
- Drain chemicals can sometimes be bad for your plumbing, your health, and the environment. Read this article from Mother Earth News to learn more about unclogging drains without the use of harsh chemicals.
- We love what we do. We are leaders in our industry and pride ourselves on being knowledgeable in our field. That means you are being served by competent, caring professionals who live and work in your community.
- We continually train our team so that we aren’t coming to your home to practice.
- We are covered so you are protected. We are insured, licensed and committed to a safety. We respect your home and property and clean up after ourselves.
- We answer our phones with a live person …24/7/365. And that live person is nice!
- Our pricing is straightforward and consistent from technician to technician, not based on guesswork. You approve the cost in advance; never a nasty surprise at the end.
- We won’t waste your time. We have hundreds of parts on our trucks as standard inventory. That means we will probably have what we need to solve your plumbing problem without needing to run to the supply house. We use high quality parts and fixtures which meet the latest standards for energy efficiency and meet the latest “lead free” code for your safety.
- We use an operations manual which means that our team members all abide by the same written policies and ethical guidelines . You do not need to hope that the “right” technician shows up at your home.
- We stand behind our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We warranty parts supplied by us for five years and up to twenty years on complete re-piping or sewer replacements; the best protection offered in our industry, backed by a company that has been in business for thirty years.
- You can trust us . Our most valued assets are our employees. We send people to your home that are background and drug checked and would feel comfortable having in our own homes. We pay competitive wages and benefits including free medical insurance to maintain a consistent and loyal work force.
- Your friends, family and neighbors have used our services and love us!
If you’re looking to lower your home’s water costs and reduce your environmental impact, a low-flow toilet is a great option. Homeowners interested in “green” renovation will enjoy the fact that these toilets can dramatically lower their water consumption and can even prevent annoying toilet clogs.
This video will tell you a little more about the benefits of using a low-flow toilet at home. You’ll also learn about the different types of low-flow toilets and how much you can expect to save on your water bill. Your water company may even offer a rebate if you switch to a high-efficiency toilet.
For help choosing and installing the right low-flow toilet for your home, contact Albert Nahman Plumbing & Heating today. Call (510) 843-6904 for service throughout the Berkeley area.
- Duct Cleaning
- Clogged Drain
- air filtration
- boiler repair
- garbage disposal
- air filter
- Water Heater
- air conditioner
- plumbing emergency
- indoor air quality
- leak detection
- plumbing repair
- plumbing pipe
- burst pipe
- radiant heating
- plumbing leaks
- tankless water heater
- plumbing leak
- gas log fireplace
- ac maintenance
- drain repair
- plumbing services
- leaky faucet
- air duct cleaning
- germicidal uv lamps
- gas line leak
- water leak
- sewer line
- video inspection
- furnace energy efficiency
- home repairs
- air ducts
- wireless thermostat
- commercial plumbing
- emergency service
- steam boiler
- HVAC filters
- Indoor Air Pollutants
- clogged toilet
- trenchless sewers
- hard water
- plumbing repiping
- heating maintenance
- condensing furnaces
- HERS Index
- furnace filters